Monday, November 8, 2010

Carl Edwards Wins Texas Nationwide Race as Brad Keselowski Clinches Title

Filed under: , , , , ,

The backflip is back, and the kid won the title.

As Carl Edwards held off Kyle Busch to win the Nationwide race Saturday at Texas Motor Speedway, Brad Keselowski (right) clinched the Nationwide championship with a third-place finish.

It was the first major NASCAR title for the racing for car owner Roger Penske as well as the Keselowski family, a venerable Michigan racing clan.

"Thank you guys so much," the 26-year-old Keselowski told his crew on the radio after taking the checkered flag.

"Great job, buddy," Penske said from the grandstand roof, where he was spotting. "Great job, champion.

"First off, it's a family accomplishment," Keselowski said afterwards. "My mom, my dad, my uncle, they made so many sacrifices along the way and put up with me when I got in trouble. I'm so very fortunate and blessed to have this opportunity."

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Brett Hudson Keith Huewen Jaroslav Huleš Eero Hyvärinen

No comments:

Post a Comment